Github has suffered a heavy distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack for over four days. Researchers say the attack comes from China, and is related to the political site GreatFire.org. Watch the video to learn about man-on-the-side attacks, and what to look for in DDoS protection.
(Episode Runtime: 2:04)
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imoPp5DmFrE
- WSJ says attack comes from China due to anti-censorship tools – WSJ
- GitHub DDoS attack continues to evolve over four days – Motherboard
- GreatFire accuses Cyber Administration of China (CAC) for DDoS – Greatfire.org
- China responds to accusations – ZDNet
- Technical details around Biadu/Github hack – Netresec